View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I'm disappointed that all the focus is now no longer on Christine's return and getting back in the studio as a 5-piece. The return of Christine should've been built up (and this is where the band always falters on stuff like this) more like the event that it was.

I would've done a live show again ala The Dance, or maybe even a Fleetwood Mac Unplugged special. Something that showcased a few new tunes even...The band has let all that wane. It's almost, and I may be wrong here, it's almost as if the drama now takes precedence over the music, and I'm kinda sorta... well... sick of that.

The band is, frankly, far too old to be playing about with Rumours-esque behaviour. Be a band. Bands tour. Bands make music together. Get on with it!
YES! THANK YOU, Brandon, for always being the "voice of reason" on this forum and keeping a level head. That's IT, exactly. It was all a wasted opportunity. After Chris' return, they immediately did the "cash grab" tour instead of planning out new projects. That was a huge mistake.

I think the two major culprits who are using this "Rumours-esque drama" and making it take precedence over the music is most definitely Stevie and Mick. They have both done that for decades.

I love Stevie. Always will. I adore both her work with Fleetwood Mac and her solo career. But I'm really stumped as to why she doesn't want to jump back in the saddle with the Mac after her "best friend" returned to the band. Like you, it makes me irritated with her. We all want to know why. Does it truly have to do with her "unpleasant experience" with Lindsey during the making of SYW? She seemed like she was in a better place with him during the making of her solo album when he contributed to "Soldier's Angel".

I truly believe that, like every other project since her solo career started, she's just playing out the drama for the sake of playing out the drama. She feeds off of it and I don't understand why. Mick is just as guilty. They go out together, are seen at public events, claim to be "best friends" but then dish on each other in the press. It all seems calculated. As if stirring up emotions within their fan base with eventually help the promotion of a new album when it comes out. (And I have no doubt it WILL come out, with all 5 of them.) I think back to the Rolling Stone article right about the time that Mirage was coming out with the slug line "Fleetwood Mac and The Problem With Stevie" or something to that effect. I think back to the whole Chain Boxed Set Silver Springs debacle.

You're right, Brandon. The band (or more specifically, Stevie and Mick) are ALL WAY TOO OLD to keep up the drama. It's tired. No one cares anymore. We just want new music. Skip to it. On with the show!!!