View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Poor Little Lies, even with two rehearsals it still didn't get on the setlist!

There's a recording of Oh Daddy from the Dance tour on youtube. I'm at work can't do youtube.
It's a shame that Little Lies has never been performed live with the Rumours lineup. I love The Dance version of Everywhere. It's too bad they didn't have time to set a version of Little Lies that they felt comfortable performing for the album or tour. Not even once. Or like the case of Oh Daddy, just for the tour. It'd be wonderful if they updated this song from the obsolete world of 80's pop.

One thing I'd like to stress is that the band really prepared and thought out their setlist for The Dance. It was a hugely important time, and they wanted to do something great for their reunion. I wish this rehearsal time and high level of effort was put into each of their recent tours. Maybe then we'd see more new takes on very old songs and more thoughtful arrangements: perhaps the re-emergence of the acoustic version of Gypsy people have been calling for, an updated Little Lies that fits Buckingham Nicks, a Sisters of the Moon that actually rocked and wasn't dead on arrival, a Lindsey version of Albatross (one of Fleetwood Mac's most celebrated and singular songs), etc. The songs are so good, just the simple re-worked intros to Rhiannon and Say You Love Me were hugely welcome changes for me and breathed new life into the songs.