View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
They don't have a 40 year grievance with Lindsey like Stevie does. You are pretending or kidding yourself. What I blame Christine for is not standing up to the decision. Christine could have saved him. But that is NOT the same of those who have an agenda against Lindsey (whether you agree or disagree with that agenda). Its a fantasy to think the 4 members said YOU ARE FIRED LINDSEY. We don't want you to promote your solo album and we don't like the way you carry on with Stevie. Simply unbelievable.
Like the course of history, there are horrible leaders who do horrible things. Then there are the cowards who don't stand up and don't protest the leader doing the horrible things.
I don't think this was a decision Stevie was waiting 40 years for. She was upset when Lindsey left in 1987. She happily reunited with him back in 1996. She recorded Say You Will and an EP with him. She toured with him without Christine 3 times. She invited him to perform at a benefit for the Heart Foundation and he accepted. He invited her to appear with him on his Sound Stage concert and she accepted. I don't believe she has an agenda against him. Nor do I believe Lindsey has an agenda against her. That doesn't mean the band didn't make a stupid, potentially legacy-damaging decision, but no, I don't believe this is a culmination of 40 years of grievances on anyone's part.