View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 01:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the alternative would be that she was plotting this for years. now that would be truly sad.
I’m not sure I believe this, and I feel like a bit of a conspiracy theorist even writing it, but my mind keeps going back to the power dynamic in the band. (Also: full disclosure, I have been unable to keep up with every post in the past week, so if someone has already floated this theory, feel free to insult/ignore.)

Stevie famously did not enjoy what she felt was the overly masculine nature of the band, specifically the live performances, during the 2003/04 tour. A few years later, before the Unleashed tour, the Sheryl Crow trial balloon was floated and subsequently popped, from all accounts, by Lindsey. God knows Mick (and John ) doesn't seem to care who comes and goes from his namesake band and the idea of adding Crow could have tapped them into new audiences, ultimately leading to more $$$. But Mick and John, despite it being their band, were almost secondary members in that era (presumably they felt they couldn't tour with just Lindsey or just Stevie).

Is it possible that the seed was planted even then (2008) for all of this? Obviously there was no way of knowing Christine would come back. But Stevie lost that face off because she and Lindsey were on equal footing in 2008. When that dynamic changed, they got one tour under the belts, but at the first sign of tension, she pulled the ripcord. I agree with Elle's post in the Lindsey forum -- I don't think this is about money for Stevie.

I know it sounds nuts, and like I said, I'm not sure even I believe this, but I can't for the life of me figure out what could have triggered the move to fire LB. It's too extreme for a disagreement over tour dates, to me at least.