View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie craves recognition for her creative works and because of how the system of the Mac works, Lindsey gets partial credit because of his creative genius and production work. What she fails to understand is that people do recognize her lyrical genius apart from Lindsey's contributions to the work. They are their own Lennon / McCartney. The lyrical work she produces is beautiful, and the small genius touches that Lindsey lends to the production of her work is untouchable. Dave, Waddy, Mike... they all add their own little touches and accomplish cool things with her art, but none match what Lindsey did with her songs. And given their history of never getting along all that well for that long, I think that is what pisses her off most. She is forever tethered to a man she cannot stand half the time. Add that touch of jealousy that he settled down, married, had kids and that wasn't in the cards for her, I am sure that rubs her the wrong way as well.

Now, outside of band politics, they have to continue to hold the banners and I understand that while some may not like it. John likes to sail on his boat, be the family man and jam when needed. Christine was stuffed in her English house way too long and enjoys being active no matter who its with. Mick is just a money hungry man that will say anything to line his pockets (brilliant drummer, but never liked him as a person). Who knows, we have heard this song and dance before in the 80s and 90s from all parties. "We're done," "Never going back," "I cannot see myself rejoining the band, ever." Will they never reform as the 5-piece we know and love? Because of Stevie, and the lawsuit, probably not... But knowing these people, knowing this band, I would never fully say its out of the question.