Thread: Get Tusked
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm... I'm having technical problems connecting my Kindle to the internet and don't want to hassle with a printed version. I was trying to think of another way to overcome this, but after reading this thread, I'm not sure I want to. I'm in the process of rereading the Rumours book and am definitely picking up on a slightly hostile, ego-driven, negativity thing maybe? Hadn't really picked up on that before, I don't think. I had several conversations with Ken and met him a couple times including at The Record Plant for the book signing. He seemed like a nice enough guy. Although he promised me a personal tour of the studio after I arrived a day early from Portland, that never happened. I took his word at face value, but now I wonder if he wasn't trying to display some carefully placed swagger to match his book persona. Nah, I'm overthinking it. HAHA!!! His wife was with him for the Sausalito part of the book tour and they stayed at the same hotel in Mill City where I stayed. We all had S'Mores at the patio fire pit that night.

Anyway, he's probably writing these books this way to sell copies. I think that's a problem with being a decades long die-hard fan. It can take some effort to get over artistic license.

I need to find a way to download the book to my iPad. I guess it's not available on iTunes and maybe it never will be. I'm using public wifi and the Kindle wants a login which it can only obtain using the browser, but something about the public wifi signal won't allow the login. The error is too generic... "Can't perform Login Task."