View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default another Birmingham review

http://judi-mindovermatter.blogspot....uckingham.html

Friday, July 27, 2012
An Evening With Lindsey Buckingham

The photo is of Lindsey Buckingham playing a Fleetwood Mac favorite, Go Your Own Way.

I have seen Fleetwood Mac from outside an arena, along with 500 other people who couldn't get a ticket for the Rumours tour; inside the same packed arena for the Tusk tour; Stevie Nicks solo in an arena setting; and, last night, Lindsey Buckingham in a smaller, more intimate but still packed venue. I enjoyed them all.

The Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center in Birmingham houses four intimate venues for performances; Buckingham performed in their 1,330-seat Jemison Concert Hall for just over one hour with a two-song encore, short for a rock concert but he filled that hour with a mix of new music (to me) and his classics. Despite the length, I did not leave unfulfilled.

Buckingham talked about coming full circle from playing smaller venues with Buckingham Nicks to larger venues with Fleetwood Mac to now a solo effort in Birmingham. He commented on the fact that Birmingham and Tuscaloosa gave their music radio play and concert support when they couldn't get an audience in L.A. From last night's response, Birmingham residents still appreciate him and his music. Thanks to that Birmingham radio station, WRKK-FM (?): We never talk while the record is playing.

Is he the most talented guitarist in rock/pop music? I'd say yes. Without a doubt, it was wonderful to get out of my political bubble and spend an evening in a beautiful setting lost in his beautiful music.

Here are only a few of my personal favorites:

Crystal by Buckingham Nicks

Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac

Go Insane by Lindsey Buckingham

Buckingham Nicks (Full Album)