View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to confess that I was a little bit dissapointed with the album, too. But not really because of the song style or thematics, which I happen to love...

I think it had to do with the fact that Christine and people around her spoke about this album having 'all killer, no filler' and stuff like that. This is a really good album, good enough to relax and with very interesting lyrics at some points, but it does contain the habitual dose of fillers ("Anything Is Possible", "Easy Come Easy Go" come to mind now), which is not bad... I guess I was expecting a masterpiece and what I got was a really good adult contemporary album. It had more to do with my own expectatives than with the album itself.

Because the lyrics are good, the vocals are just gorgeous, and some of the songs (particularly the first two and the last one) are incredibly good. And the Christine McVie from Fleetwood Mac is still there, and I love the fact that she came back, and that the single is being succesful, and that the album itself is very enjoyable, and possibly one of the best things I've heard this year.

But why oh why was I expecting more than that?