View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But caring about tour success is not the same as caring about its legacy. I don’t think he cared about the Tango tour success, but he did care about the album and he said that he was happy that he left the band in a more creative place than he thought Mirage left it. I don’t agree with him. I love Mirage. But the fact is, he was trying to do right by the band’s reputation with Tango. Yes he cared about it. The success of the tour has nothing to do with his feelings about the music Fleetwood Mac put out and the reputation they garnered or his loyalties. I think him showing up at Mick’s wedding said something about where his heart was.

But no he didn’t care about tour crowds or tour money at that point. He has always thought of tours as a means to an end. The money he makes on the tours allows him financial freedom. He cares on that account. But I don’t know what caring about the Tango tour box office means as a measure of commitment. The tour is over and forgotten. The Tango music lives with us.

Last edited by michelej1; 09-27-2019 at 12:06 PM..