View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karissa View Post
Honestly, as much the phrase "self care" squicks me out, I think that's a big part of it. I don't see Stevie as money-hungry-- I see her as realizing what makes her happy & what brings her joy. She's 68. She doesn't have time to live for other people-- especially ones that she feels (whether righteously or not) disrespect her artistic integrity. Stevie is taking care of herself. Working with LB takes an emotional & artistic toll on her-- as much as many of us love him. If she's realized she's given enough to FM & can't do it anymore (whether the reason is emotional, artistic, whatever), I respect her for standing up for herself. As someone who's worshipped FM since I was 3 years old, I want new music so much it hurts. And my first instinct was to be mad at Stevie. I have been all day. But I came around to wanting to trust her. She is raw. She is emotional & intense & sensitive. Despite her faults, she is quite self-aware. She knows what she can & can't emotionally handle. Personally, I can't fault her for protecting herself. I might not be happy with this, but I respect her & think I can wrap my mind around WHY she would do this.
Very well said. Completely agree with you. I have also been mad all day, but you are right. In the studio and personally, LB is too much for her and at her age she knows she needs to look after number one....I mean she is single still I am assuming so she has only herself and her own mind and heart to protect...she's not getting emotional support elsewhere and why waste so much time on something that is likely to make you unhappy. HOWEVER, In saying that I think after the EP she could do the exact same thing, bring along one -two old demos and turn up for a week lay down some harmonies and then be gone....