View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
The thing I was thinking is that, if they had really wanted kids, they probably could have had them. It's not like they had any shortage of money or anything. Regular ladies quit there jobs, or work less, to take care of children - and famous people have children and hire extra people to take care of them so they can come with them during their careers. You know, the kids are there while they are working, with babysitters/nannys/etc.
So I can only imagine that children weren't as important to them. Not everyone likes children that much. Also, I think that is part of why Lori had a kid with Stevie's brother. I have the feeling that was more of an "arrangement" then a love affair. This is based on a few things I've heard, and my surmising, I'm not calling it a fact.
I absolutely think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I was in some sense expecting a more sympathetic viewpoint, especially from another woman.
I think it was far more complicated than any of us can imagine. Perhaps another factor wasnt the band, but Henley himself. Maybe Stevie didnt want to have a baby without the full support of the father to be. And in fast life they were living at the time, I am sure any regrets were way after the fact.