Thread: gripe
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
^^

Friend is a good song, acoustic or otherwise. I don't get why Chris would be slammed for her romantic lyrics. Isn't that how she's always written?
it was a very key element to me in their whole vibe that made the trio of writers work -
linds and stevie are much hammier ( mmm ham ) and their stuff was much heavier - so christines underplayed romantic style was so refreshing . . . and sorely missed on SYW (cd and tour)- but im sure thats been mentioned before in here . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah, I know this. I gues I'm still peeved that RS only paid attention to the single. The whole album deserved some treatment.
didn't her songs rack up the most sales of all three of them from the f mac albums - ?
for god sakes the woman wrote some of the most memorable tunes of the era . . . just a smidgen of respect by giving her more than just one songs worth of review . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Well if he said he is a visionary, that's really pretentious. I don't think anybody should say "I'm a visionary".
i think he isn't saying "i'm a visionary"
i think he is saying "so-called" visions and visionary
or "they say im a visionary"

i think it is more him describing what it is like to be called that by people - yet not have the mass audience one would think came with that -
im not saying there isn't a kiss of pretensiosness in there somewhere but
i don't think he was saying [outloud ] that he believed it

and i would say he is arguably a "visionary" (
he has pushed the envelope with some success and some failures where many others in the business tend to stay in a certain box, but maybe
we can agree to call him at least a "forward thinker"

and i can't wait to finally hear the whole chris cd myself - i have heard four tracks and loved em
its on my christmas list this year - and i peaked and saw it crossed off so i know someone got it for me