View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
We met for one day and then I didn't hear a thing from him for two years. Then, I got a phone call asking me to join the band that he'd formed - or that he was a part of - I don't know what he was doing those two years, I wasn't there!
I'd like to know what he was doing those 2 years as well.

Quote:
However, what was very cool here was the length of time she embraced him. From the YouTube videos of seen of the song, it was longer than usual and I think she just blew off her cue to sing to hold him longer.
Well, now you're just making me giddy. If I get lightheaded, fall down the stairs and break my neck, it will be due in part to that description.

Quote:
I Want to Go Back to New Orleans (new song)!
Sounds like an amazing experience. Look, if she'd done Illume in New York, it would have been exciting and we already know that song. But to get snatches of a song we haven't heard from her before, when we haven't heard new music in years -- well that's breathtaking.

I still think the vampire part is quite hysterical, in the vein of "forgotten chimpanzee". I see people walking around Los Angeles in all sorts of garb, especially in Hollywood, so I understand routinely brushing against vampires -- and even more during Mardi Gras.

Thanks for the detailed review. Last U. S. appearance. Makes me sad.

Michele