View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ Well said. I agree completely, having spent some time listening through the White Album recently. As we said earlier on page 2, Stevie is also underutilized for that album, only giving lead vocals on two songs. I think it's the live versions of Rhiannon and Landslide that most standout, especially since it's the live single of Landslide from The Dance that is the radio staple today. The 1975 recording is almost never heard, so much so that when it was attached to the pony Budweiser commercial it really caught me off guard.

I also don't really understand why some people have failed to mention Dreams along with Gold Dust Woman as a superior contribution from Stevie. The studio version of that song is excellent, and even if you think it has gotten stale over the last few tours, that doesn't take away from how good the song is, how it features the vocals of all three lead singers, and how it captures the lost blues band sounds of Fleetwood Mac in the guitar. For me it resonates much more than the pop song some people on here have reduced it to and remains one of Stevie's best songs.