View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Sara, Angel, Storms, Beautiful Child and Sisters Of The Moon are, especially as contributions to one album, her best streak of tracks EVER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I think most fans would agree with you on that. I almost wrote all fans, but then I knew elle would jump in with her wrench.
see here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Landslide and Rhiannon are the biggest and the most defining songs of SN's career, for a casual fan or listener. even diehard SN fans here argue that all the time, how important those songs are for her and FM.

so i'm kinda shocked that White Album is getting so little votes here.

personally, there are 3 SN songs i love - Landslide, Gold Dust Woman and Sisters of the Moon. i think Stevie really was at her songwriting pinnacle during later BN years, when they were working on their second album (time when Landslide and Rhiannon were penned), and she never quite reached that productivity since (i'm talking lyrics and music, not solely lyrics/poems) except maybe during Tusk years. SOTM, Angel, BC are all great songs in their own right, and they are also very diverse.

so White Album and Tusk it is.
to conclude, with the exception of Sara (my dislike of which you were probably referring to?), i completely agree with others who rate high her Tusk contributions.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"