View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Considering quite a bit of her later albums were skeletons from the unused songs closet from years gone by...so it is tough to say.

The lyrics to "The Chain"
"I Don't Want To Know"
"Without You"

are all leftover dregs from her pre-Fleetwood Mac days

"Smile At You" (as fantastic as the SYW version is, thanks to John McVie's otherworldly bass playing) wasn't even up for consideration for Mirage

After Tusk her "A" material was saved for her solo albums...the only reason "Gypsy" hit hard was Lindsey's production (the best of his career, IMO).

Although, as time goes on, I seem to have increased appreciation for a few of her BTM tunes ("Freedom" & "Affairs Of The Heart" especially..."The Second Time" still is an abomination on the ears). Even "Paper Doll" has taken many rungs up on the Stevie ladder in my book.

Songwriting wise, her best material came earlier in her career (again IMO), since she keeps using the leftovers from pre-75 thru 78 for songs these days.