View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Am I the only one that is bothered by...?

So first, let me say that I loved the show I saw on this tour. I went without knowing the setlist and really loved it from start to finish. So these points are merely me nitpicking.

1. I really hated the fact that she did only parts of Wild Heart and Bella Donna. When I heard the opening chords of Wild Heart, I went insane (to borrow a phrase from someone, now, who was it that said that? ) and then just I was getting ready to listen to the second verse, it went into Bella Donna. I hated that because it cut out so much. It also feels like she thinks that the audience's attention span isn't long enough to last 3 extra minutes. Frankly I would have liked it better if she had just done Wild Heart all the way through and if she wanted to cut out a minute of the "vamp" at the end (that's how it's called in the linear notes ) it would have been fine and not so long.

2. Similarly, I hate the shortened Edge of 17. I don't want to hear it any more just because the shortened version really misses so much and again, it feels like it's so that we will stay interested. Cut a minute or two of the solo at the end for Pete's sake, but not verses of the song.

OK, I got that off my chest. Sorry for the negative vibes, which I don't usually post, but I had to get it off my chest.

Kevin