View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Who knows what her basis is for any of it? I certainly don’t. In her interview about it last year, she said he made her feel like “a dying flower all the time” and that it felt like “all the wind had gone out of her sails” when around him. And in today’s statement she said she was leaving a “toxic environment”. So it’s clear her narrative is that he made her miserable in one way or another, whether it be with criticism or cruelty or whatever else. But the narrative is that he was doing something to make her feel terrible and make the environment toxic. I’m not saying that’s the truth at all, just that him hitting below the belt and saying things that he knows would be disrespectful or upsetting to her doesn’t help his case that he *isn’t* toxic and *wasn’t* disrespecting/upsetting her before she refused to work with him.
The toxic narrative has demonstrated for decades...anyone who saw Say You Will should not be surprised she never wants to record a full album with him again. It was the rest of the band's choice not to get rid of her for not wanting to work with him. I am glad she mentioned that in her quote.

The bottom line is no one who gets kicked out of a band after 40 years is completely innocent. The people who think Lindsey is completely innocent are just as delusional as the people who think Stevie is completely innocent. All five contributed to what happened.