View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Although, knowing Peter, he may have requested not being credited.

The fact that he wasn't credited on Night Watch on Penguin would support that. We know for certain(from Bob Welch's Q & A) that Peter played on that:

Pete was at the studio all day as I remember, just sitting in the corner, not saying anything.
I don't know who's idea it was, but he went down into the echo-chamber in the basement, and played along with "Nightwatch" from there.

We couldn't see him or anything, and he just did what he wanted. It was very late at night, and we'd all had quite a bit to drink.

Pete didn't make any comments after he recorded...It was the band's judgement to mix his playing with the end of the song.

Yes he was in "bad shape"...but remember, I never knew him when he was in "good" shape....I had to go by what Mick and John told me he had been like.

Ciao.

Doubtless he wasn't very well at the time of Tusk either -didn't he refuse to sign a recording contract with Warners that Mick had arranged because he thought he was entering a contract with the devil... or so the story goes.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 08-20-2014 at 03:59 PM..