View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
In all the talk about The Beatles being influenced in the later times by Fleetwood Mac, "Yer Blues" , I think, would never have been done if it were not for FMs success in Europe. Not that this is a masterpiece or anything but it is certainly entertaining to watch in "Rock And Roll Circus"

I realy like Yer Blues! Perhaps it is the only sraight blues the Beatles ever did ? (any experts out there ?)and they make a good job of it I think I particularly like the time signature changes ( typical Lennon) when it does the "Tacet "bit (vocals only with music only on first beat of the bar) , It has broken into an implied blues shuffle and you think its going to continue that way but, despite your expectations, it reverts to the original beat( 6/8 I think ) It's,a,big tease ! So when in the end it does break into a shuffle it sall the more exciting .I d compare this to Rollin' Man by Fleetwood Mac the excitement when it breaks out of the swamp bossa nova (or whatever you'd call it)into a full steam blues shuffle(and nobody did that better than PG Fm )and I notice Peter, in the live recordings will delay this transition for verse after verse to build the expectation. making them very long live versions.

Incdentally I have to admit being a bit dense ,for years I never knew what the" Yer" of Yer Blues meant,and therefore why Lennon gave the track this title !

Last edited by THD; 10-01-2011 at 06:54 AM..