View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP View Post
Sugar Mouse, just curious what were your thoughts on those concerts you saw live? Honestly I don’t read many reviews from anyone who has seen a Rumours show, Tusk, or even Mirage. I’m a relatively younger fan only seeing them for the first time on Say You Will. Would you mind sharing a little bit of your thoughts or experiences from these concerts? I would love to hear about it! (Even if I’m the only one haha)
Sure thing. The Mirage concert is the one I remember liking the most (even though I'm not a big fan of the Mirage album) with the Tusk show a close second. So much energy, passion on the Mirage tour. The album had very little passion but the shows were awe inspiring. I remember Lindsey jumping around like crazy and looking like a cross between Joe Strummer and Mick Jones (he was talking a lot about The Clash in those days). I was a huge Clash fan back then so hearing those power chords in Sisters of The Moon is a memory I'll never forget. They basically made Sisters of The Moon sound like Radio Clash and I loved it! To me, they were at or near the top of their game back in 1982 for that Mirage Tour. The Tusk show was also incredible. Lindsey seemed really happy the night we saw them. Perhaps he was happy to get out after a year in the studio. Stevie was a different person back then. She was super animated and intense back then. I was a fan of the band before Lindsey/Stevie so I was used to a more serene bluesy experience and then I see Lindsey and Stevie so passionate on stage. Amazing shows. My memory of the Rumours tour was that I couldn't hear much. So much screaming. Like being at a Beatles concert.