Thread: Raleigh show
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I have a few pics and some vids shared on Facebook live and periscope that I'll try to share /link to a bit later.

We were upfront so not sure how the crowd was towards the back, but this venue has a big space between the front row nd the stage so by the end of the show there must have been about 10-15 rows deep crowd of people dancing and singing along right in front of the stage. This venue usually has a rail but they had it removed for their show so we could lean on the stage.

As far as the flow of the show, once Sleeping around the corner kicks in the energy becomes amazing and never goes down through all the new songs and old mac hits. People in front of the stage knew the lyrics and sang new songs with them. Even the closer, Game of pretend, sounds really nice ( once you get over those cheesy chorus lyrics, I cannot get myself to sing those, but their harmonies on those sound nice.

The show started late because of a torrential downpour just as the gates were about to open, I think the Walflowers must have started at 8:15 or so (I'm sure someone can correct me) so they cut their set short and masters got on the stage I think around 9:15 maybe? I was afraid they may have to cut something but they didn't and they ended just a bit after 11pm.

So the set and the sequencing works great, if they just cut first 2 slow songs. Although people know NGBA so that always get good reaction , but man does it drag. I didn't even bother coming to the stage before Wish you were here (which was gorgeous!) even though they did let the front row to the stage from the start.
I saw your Too Far Gone vid on Periscope! Nice seats!

I swear this is a real question: what do you mean when you said that they let the front row to the stage? Never been to a concert in the US before so I don't know how it works. It's entirely different here.

Glad you had a blast!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 06-25-2017 at 12:44 PM..