Thread: Raleigh show
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I have a few pics and some vids shared on Facebook live and periscope; you can see the ones on facebook by scrolling through the link above.

We were upfront so not sure how the crowd was towards the back, but this venue has a big space between the front row and the stage so by the end of the show there must have been about 10-15 rows deep crowd of people dancing and singing along right in front of the stage. This venue usually has a rail but they had it removed for their show, which was really nice, plus we could lean on the stage. Both Christine's and Lindsey's mics are set really close to the edge of the stage.

As far as the flow of the show, once Sleeping Around the Corner kicks in, the energy becomes amazing and never goes down through all the new songs and old mac hits. People in front of the stage knew the lyrics and sang new songs with them. Even the show closer, Game of Pretend, which she introduces as not-Songbird, sounds really nice - once you get over those cheesy chorus lyrics, I cannot get myself to sing those, but their harmonies on those sound nice.

The show started late because of a torrential downpour just as the gates were about to open, I think the Walflowers must have started at 8:15pm or so (I'm sure someone can correct me) so they cut their set short and our macsters got on the stage I think around 9:15 maybe? I was afraid they may have to cut something because of the curfew but they didn't and they ended just a bit after 11pm.

So the set and the sequencing works great, if they'd just cut first 2 slow songs they currently use to start the show. Although people know NGBA so that always gets good reaction, but man does it drag. I didn't even bother coming to the stage before Wish You Were Here (which was gorgeous!) even though they did let the front row to the stage from before the start.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"