View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hold Me. The Magritte stuff is pretty clever, and I still get a kick out of it.
Gypsy. The production got too big for that director to manage, and continuity and other mistakes abound (like the street choreography, which possibly wasn't rehearsed sufficiently). But the combining of multiple sets with such variety (the Nicks boudoir in gauzy soft focus, the Forgotten Man and soup line themes in the black and white sections, and the saturated Technicolor cloning of Arthur Freed musicals in Stevie Fantasy-land) still appeals.
Tusk. Just some casual footage from Dodger Stadium in June 1979 with Fleetwood Mac all looking trim, tan, and healthy is all that song needed.
Love Shines. Billy, Chris, Mick, and John in a "natural" street setting. It works for me.
Big Love. Has some dumb things in it—like Stevie swooshing her skirt the entire time and the others doing an awful job of lip syncing (they all usually did)—but it's kind of clever to throw everything into reverse with perfect timing. It feels like a refreshing plunge down Splash Mountain. Kimberly Crest always makes for a great set, too, even though it was someone's harebrained idea to film only at night.
Little Lies. It's only moving in retrospect. But if Lindsey hadn't left that summer, I wouldn't think the video was anything particularly compelling.

moviekinks.blogspot.com