View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I totally agree with you about 24 karat.It was rushed and it sounds rushed.I didn't even buy it which is unheard of for me.I've listened to it many times,but I'm just not feelin' it.Having said that,I do love Lady,The Dealer, and Belle Fleur.With the exception of a few songs,I totally love TISL and IYD.But then she came out with the IYD documentary and showed her bossy,self-important personality and, well,I guess that's another thread........
well she is bossy and self important, I'll give you that! See, the "rushed" quality that you don't like in 24K is just what I do like...but to me it just sounds more spontaneous and free flow than her previous two, very manicured albums. Neither approach is bad, just different. 24K reminds me of The Wild Heart in it's live, organic feel. Her vocals , in particular, sound very spontaneous and "free", probably largely due in part to the fact that she was singing live along with the band. She even admitted she tried a little bit harder because she was performing for them, in a way. I think Stevie needs that sort of live inspiration to really get her going.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...