View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Lindsey had a sour grapes thing about Christine, after she left and he had other things to say about her which indicated that he was bitter (just like she had a couple of things to say about him when he left). But I don't think it was an enduring kind of bitterness. Just some hurt feelings.

My point was, when he said "burned her bridges" he would always go on and say how she sold her house, divorced, blah blah, but he also knows what the phrase means in common parlance and he wasn't being innocent when he said it. He was taking a little dig, but it didn't matter, because no one thought she had really burned her bridges and couldn't come back to the band when she wanted.
At the time, the comment came off as a dig, but knowing what we know now, Lindsey's comment seems completely accurate.

Christine left the band, sold her house in California, got divorced, gave away all of her keyboards, and gave up her green card. She was totally burning her bridges as far as working in the band was concerned.

It's just unfortunate that the comment came off as something more personal than it was.

THE Stephen Hopkins