Thread: Rank Mirage
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

The songs I almost always listen to:
1. Gypsy: Perfection. Some of Stevie's best vocals
2. Love in Store: Easy song to listen and hum along to, although I did prefer the livelier Mirage Tour version. Wouldn't be as notable if it didn't have all three members singing together.
3. Straight Back: I really shouldn't like this song as much as I do, as it's meandering structure would normally turn me off. But the layered vocals and keyboards always take me somewhere else.
4. Eyes of the World: Better in every live incarnation but still Lindsey's best song on the album. The guitar solo is one of his best.

Here are the ones that I sometimes skip but still generally like:
5. Hold Me: I used to despise this one but I've gradually grown fond of it. The Early Version helped me to do that a lot, as I thought it was fantastic. I also liked the boots of this song from McVie's solo tour and wished they'd sung it like that in the Mirage Tour.
6. That's Alright: it's a nice song, but the Alternate Version is bumped up a place or two
7. Book of Love: I always forget this song exists unless it randomly pops up. Not big on the verses but I do like the angsty chorus.
8. Oh Diane: Dumb song, but I really like the way the guitar sounds. At least it's short The lip-synced performance of this on Top of the Pops is also hilarious. I love it when Stevie and Christine try and pretend to sing that heavily-altered harmony.

These I almost always skip
9. Cant Go Back: I really like the instrumental of this song but the lyrics do nothing for me at all
10. Wish You Were Here: Very middle of the road McVie song. I feel nothing for it.
11. Only Over You: Really I like most of the song but those wails at the beginning... Chill me to the bone.

And finally, I HATE this song:
12. Empire State: So annoying. Embodies the worst of Lindsey's experimental side.