View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
It won't, and I think that's for the best. If there is to be decent album, it has to be done in the FM way, which means there will be tension and squabbles. It's all part of the creative process. I believe the best option at this point would be to work with a producer who understands the band and can bring Lindsey down from the clouds, impose some discipline on Stevie and basically let Christine do what she does.
I think the album can be decent without them all having the same producer. And I don't just want a decent album anyway, I want 5 years more of them working together without a lot of baseless accusations. I'd like peace.

Of course, I don't think any outside producer will be likely to "bring Lindsey down from the clouds." I mean, he's always going to be dominant. It's like starting out with the Tango producers who the band probably knew wouldn't last very long.

He will be tempered more by forces coming from within FM than without and I think that's a good thing. In fact, on his own songs, he might be more "out there" than ever, just because Christine will be filling a certain role and he doesn't need to bring anything poppy to the table if he's not in the mood, because she'll already bring it. With just him and Stevie he needed to do things like Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy (and I like them well enough), but now he doesn't have to go there.

Now, I don't think his FM stuff is ever going to sound like his This is 40 tracks and, for that, I'm very grateful.

Michele