View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

June 2,2010
Fleetwood Mac Penguin Rock Music CD Review
Uncategorized Add commentsOne word describes the CD Penguin from Fleetwood Mac… AWESOME!

Refreshingly, this was one of those CDs I was able to just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

Penguin has a nicely varied, mix of 9 tracks that are very well written and brilliantly performed songs by these clearly superb musicians. Most of the songs display a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Seemingly drawing from what I can only imagine are their own real life experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions of love, heartbreak, pain, failed relationships and unattainable romance. They’re all here.

I’m of the opinion that Penguin is certainly some of this groups best work in a few years. A totally enjoyable CD and an outstanding release. What I call must have music. I give it two thumbs up because it’s a collection that even the casual Rock fan can appreciate and enjoy.

While this entire CD is outstanding some of my favorites are track 2 – Bright Fire, track 7 – Did You Ever Love Me, and track 9 – Caught In The Rain

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 – Remember Me. Great track!

Penguin Release Notes:

Fleetwood Mac originally released Penguin on March 22, 1990 on the Warner Bros. Records label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Remember Me 2. Bright Fire 3. Dissatisfied 4. Road Runner (I’m A) 5. Derelict, The 6. Revelation 7. Did You Ever Love Me 8. Night Watch 9. Caught In The Rain

Fleetwood Mac: Bob Weston (vocals, slide guitar, banjo, harmonica); Bob Welch (vocals, guitar); Dave Walker (vocals, harmonica); Christine McVie (vocals, keyboards); John McVie (bass); Mick Fleetwood (drums, percussion).

Additional personnel: Steve Nye (organ, steel drums); Ralph Richardson, Russel Valdez, Fred Totesaut.

Recorded at the Rolling Stones Mobile Unit, Hampshire, England in January 1973.

http://www.justapple.us/fleetwood-ma...cd-review.html