Thread: The new band!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
seriously??????? you don't see the difference between a jobbing musician who needs to work to pay his day-to-day bills (and has serious health problems) vs independently wealthy rock star who never has to work a day in her life anymore, and hasn't had for decades?
I get Neale has had his illness, but I don’t get why Fleetwood Mac needs him, now. And, I’m sure he’s been handsomely paid for his work. I’m glad he’ll be there, if that’s what all parties want. What rubs me the wrong way is how Brett is praised and Christine damned for their choices. They had their own reasons that are none of our business.

Quote:
also the arguments that Christine is Mick's and/or John's friend so owes them?
I never said she owes them, just that her loyalty will always be with them, and it’s unfair and unrealistic to expect otherwise. She has significantly more history with them, personally and professionally. The only tours she’s ever done without them are with Chicken Shack, her 1969 band, her 1984 band, and LBCM.

Quote:
and while i am at it, Mike Campbell? co-writer of some of the biggest money making songs ever? with Petty, with the Eagles and Nicks? yes, let's feel bad for poor Mike, he just needed a job. right?
When did I ever suggest that MC needed sympathy? I feel bad he lost his best friend on a human level, but he’s had a great run professionally.

THE Stephen Hopkins