View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I appreciate any and all first-hand memories and reminiscences of the 1970-1974 era. I've always been fascinated by that transitional time for the band. In 1977, when I became a fan of the Rumours era band, I eventually discovered their backstory, which seemed so mysterious and very confusing.

I suppose it was confusing for many new fans. After purchasing the self-titled 1975 "White" album and Rumours, they purchased the older albums, assuming they were getting more of the same. This happened with my older sister, who graduated high-school in 1977. I inherited Future Games and Mystery to Me, and became hooked. I eventually bought Bare Trees, Penguin, and Heroes Are Hard to Find.

Are there any bootlegs/recordings or confirmed set lists of their Penguin or Mystery to Me tours? I recall that the Mystery tour was aborted when it became known that Bob Weston was screwing around with Mick's wife. What a shame, because that was such a strong band configuration. There is a great TV appearance of them performing Miles Away. I also have a some murky recordings from 1974 of them performing Bad Loser and Coming Home.

I dream of an box set that exclusively features the material from Kiln House through Heroes, with extensive liner notes, photos, and unreleased audio recordings. This era somewhat gets overshadowed by their Peter Green/blues era and the Buckingham Nicks era. For a long time. Heroes was the least appealing album for me. Now I have much love for it is. Bob Welch can be an acquired taste. In hindsight, he was quite progressive. with shades of Lou Reed.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-08-2015 at 04:56 AM..