View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Dave Mason, one of the all-time greats, but where IS he on the album? Except at the end "I Wonder Why", but what bugs me about THAT, is that Dashut & Fleetwood decided to mix Bekka's vamp OVER Dave's one & only real expressive lead guitar part on the album. Those "I wonder why-ee-ayes" that are mixed way too high bug the hell out of me.
This.

...though I love using the "vocal remover" feature on my mp3 software as it does a good job of taking Bekka's part out or at least pushing it to the back and you can hear Dave's lead guitar solo pretty good.

Also, just regarding DM in general, it seems like he didn't like to solo much on his own albums, after Alone Together and some of the live stuff, he doesn't really have many long solos on record (a few exceptions, "Side Tracked" from ILYNL, "Long Lost Friend" from SC, etc.) and I always wondered why (no pun intented) someone that has such a great talent (based on what we HAVE been able to hear him do on leads) didn't seem to want to put those skills to use, at least on record?

Anyways, like you, back to the praises.

John