View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to say that I absolutely adore the positive energy resonating from this thread. The unconditional love that Mac fans have for their band is absolutely breathtaking-- it is truly unique and I hope that Stevie, Lindsey, Chris, Mick and John realize the depth of our appreciation for what they do.

I am thankful that Fleetwood Mac can serve as a daily reminder of the undeniable power of "roughing it out"-- you never know how much good (or success, or money, or fame, or or or...) can come out of some of the hardest **** possible.

I am thankful that Fleetwood Mac shows us that things don't have to stay the same to be phenomenal. The Mac we hear today is sometimes nothing like the Mac from 30 years ago, but their core is still the same. This applies to their sound, both live and recorded, and also the dynamics of the group.

I am thankful that at the end of every day, nothing matters more to them than the music. There wouldn't be a Mac without it.

I am thankful that they would even bother to tour without a new album! As much as it KILLS me to say it, they aren't going to be able to tour forever... it's important to cherish every opportunity we have to see them live before the worldwide tours become only US tours, the US tours become the occaisonal show and eventually... we have nothing.

I am thankful that the above will not happen until it his physically impossible for the shows to happen. Remember, kids-- most venues have wheelchair access