View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I did it!

Yesterday I made my trip to Headley. A bloke on the bus pointed out Benifold on the hill, I had a pint in the Crown and then following what I'd carefully studied in street view, I made my way to Benifold.

The road it's in is now a neighborhood watch area and while I managed to find it and snap it quickly from either end, I had to do the "Just having a walk" act when I had to stop right outside to let a lady drive past, only to find she was in fact turning into the house opposite.

I left the immediate area by means of a designated footpath that slopes down past the lower end of the house - I had to slide down on my rear-end. But once you get to the bottom you can turn right and follow the narrow footpath (treacherously muddy in winter) and come out near the Crown again.

From there it's not that long a walk to Headley Grange either.

Can post a pic or two but will be doing so with respect for the fact that both buildings are now private homes.

Plenty of trees so bare and yet so beautiful though - and someone in the Crown told me they still get spectacular sunsets round there.

P.S. Oh yes and the official spelling is BENIFOLD. There's a D but no S, despite other spellings I've seen.