View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default a fool some more and it takes more time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Have to agree with Greenmanastrat concerning Fool No More. It has much more of the anger that Sharksfan seemingly dislikes compared to the In The Skies Version. I reckon that I would feel the anger too when I conclude for myself that I won't be that fool no more either. But....each to his own opinion, with al respect. BTW just listened to the Middle Earth Club version. Awful recording, but Peter's tone was outstanding.

As for The Stumble, I feel that no version can in any way compete with Freddie King. Sorry folks. And actually the same goes for It Takes Time. No better that Otis Rush, although I do feel that Peter did a really good job on this one, whichever version.
I have to agree with Wouter with respect to "It Takes Time" But which Otis Rush version?He too, had so many. The one that he did in Mourning In The Mornin (produced by Michael Bloomfield and Nick Gravenetes) was not as good as the original. In fact the second best one in my opinion was done by The two producers in "Live At The Filmore West". That was the first version I heard and is a benchmark for me. I was just comparing PG versions in this PG site. As for the Stumble, again Freddy King is the King. I saw him do it live and I wa floored, but that was never recorded. Even Freddies "I'm Tore Down was not as good in Getting Ready as it was on the original recording. "Oh Well", but PG does a hard to beat version and any guitarist would give their Fret Arm for that.

doodyhead

Thanks Wouter, Lee and Ken