View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Mick also talked about it in 1990 on the Graham Nash show with Billy Burnette and Sharon Celani. He specifically avoided the word "kicked" and instead used the word "flicked." The book does, too. I know this sounds silly, but the act, which no one in Fleetwood Mac mentioned until ten years after it happened, has been reframed since then as an act of violence. It's been made to sound more physical than Mick said it was. I just had to get that off my chest.
And when Stevie first mentioned it, she did not say that he kicked her either. She said he did something to her. My impression was that he was behind her and she knew that he was doing something unwanted, but she couldn’t see him and couldn’t say. She did not feel a kick or she would have described it as such when she first told the story. He might have been catching at the hem of her dress, flicking his foot, something disruptive certainly, not violent.

She knows how to describe violence when she wants to, “Remember when you threw that Les Paul at me?”