View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Ledgie

You know, when I saw that Lindsey and Christine were touring, and then that they weren't coming to Florida, I was really bummed. I figured that outside of Fleetwood Mac's "big machine" that Christine and especially Lindsey would use this special opportunity to do something different.

First of all, I expected that at the very least we'd get all of the major solo hits: "Trouble", "Got a Hold on Me", "Holiday Road" and "Go Insane" (maybe with "Go Insane" in the band version, a la the Fleetwood Mac 2009 tour). Then you got the rarely played Fleetwood Mac hits like "Think About Me" and "Hold Me" which both seemed like a lock since both prominently feature Christine and Lindsey. And then lastly, since Tango In The Night just got reissued, you'd think maybe they could promote it by playing some they haven't done, like perhaps the song "Tango In The Night" which I think would really get the crowd going with it's incredible guitar solo, or perhaps "Isn't It Midnight" which is a great McVie/Buckingham tune. And then, maybe some more rarely played Tusk tunes?

But alas, we get mostly old standbys. Now granted we also a few of the things I hoped for (like "Hold Me") and of course we got the great new material, but still, I feel they could have done a lot more.