View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Stevie again says that the last time they have done SOTM on stage was in 1981.
Seriously?! Karen, tell her it was 1982 and let's be done with it. Lol.

Quote:
For Without Love, Stevie says this story changes every night because when you start remembering the past, you begin to remember details that have nothing to do with the point of your story and they actually interfere with the point of your story. But to try to make this long story short, she says that there was this poem, written by moi. About 4 years later they were going to use it for Buckingham Nicks II, after Polydor pulled the plug on Buckingham Nicks I [which I think begs the question why Polydor was even interested in II, if one tanked, but that's a story for the next tour], but then someone snuck in and stole their demo. Lindsey points to Mick as the culprit, the thief. Mick makes a cross with his drum sticks and looks guilty.

Stevie says that whoever stole the demo put it back and they didn't know it was gone, but she also explicitly explains that she doesn't have the demo anymore. She seems to be trying to clarify my question, which was why they no longer have the original demo and I suppose that's clear as mud, now.

She looks over to Lindsey and says she knows he is bored of this story. He demurs and says he's not bored. He loves this story. Anyway, her friend found the song on Youtube in 2010 and she asked Lindsey if he remembered the song and he said he did. She said, they should do it then and he said ok.

She says it's the kind of sound that attracted Mick to them, but she said that Lindsey reminded her, on stage, in front of 16,000 people (16,000 Stevie? What venue was that?) that Mick was never attracted to them. He was looking for a lead guitar player and nowhere in his ad for a "lead guitar player" were the words "and his girlfriend" included.

Then, Lindsey goes up to his mic and Stevie, now used to the interruption, tells him to go on and tell the story. He says that he just wants to say that what FM didn't realize was that they needed a brilliant singer as well. She thanks him for saying that.

So, she says Mick let her join the group and so did Chris -- but Chris is only here in spirit, she explains. Then, I think Stevie does mention John McVie, but Lindsey goes over to her mic and puts his arm around her and says, "don't forget John McVie." Stevie says, of course, John McVie. They all turn towards John.

She says that this is the honest truth. When they got the call from Mick and she went out and bought all of the FM albums and listened to them she said, "what a great bass player." She again swears this is the truth -- though neither I nor John have ever heard her say such a thing in the last 38 years. John bows his head in thanks. Yeah Stevie, if you'd flattered him that way in 1975 maybe he would have let you put another song on the album in place of Crystal!
Love it. Reminds me of the review from the final Unleashed show when the Gypsy intro became one of her endless, rambling tales and Lindsey went to her mic. Too cute.

Quote:
Stevie dedicates Landslide to her cousin Sue and Sue's family who is also Stevie's family. She's dedicating the song to her because she never sees anymore, except at concerts. But even then she doesn't see her -- because it's dark. [Oh my goodness, she is so hilarious].

Quote:
Mick says that John has been on his right hand side "forever and forever" and is his partner in crime [where've I heard that before?]
Hmmmm...