Thread: Anyone Else...
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
^^^What he said.

Honestly I get amusement when I read of any fan of any artist protecting their favorite performer from the scathing words of another. I defended Stevie for many, many years until I developed a good sense of humor and realized I could make fun of her and still love her as well.
Speaking of Stevie....

I'm not naive enough to think Lindsey never lost his cool, went nuts and maybe got physically violent with a girlfriend or a co-worker. But, I'm not sure he was ever what could be classified as physically abusive or a 'woman-beater' because I don't think Stevie would have stayed with him. And, even if she would have, I don't think she would have ever been able to say that her Dad adored Lindsey and that he would always be in her life for that fact alone. I'll never be convinced Jess Nicks would "adore" a man who beat his daughter. I also don't think Stevie would have been comfortable hugging Lindsey or letting him hug her or drape his arm around her neck as he has done in every decade of photos I've seen. She would have kept her distance from him.