View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I can’t say I agree with this at all. The EP was Lindsey’s way of trying to get Stevie to dip her toes into the water of recording with him again. He agreed to help with her In Your Dreams solo album. Lindsey spoke for years about recording songs in keys which dovetailed with Stevie’s range. He played the game of chicken when he recorded the Buckingham McVie album with the rest of the band- I suspect he felt that would entice Stevie to join them. Instead it backfired and Stevie most certainly got the FM name yanked from the album. He did years of cash grab tours and mellowed his experimental style on the EP, Buckingham McVie, and his soundtrack songs; all in the hopes of getting into Stevie’s good graces- to no avail.
this makes me want to cry
because you know it's probably 100% accurate

and it reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally pisses me off we're never going to get another proper FM album (i love love love SYW and it's my fave record) but it needs to be all 5 of them ALL FIVE OF THEM. +ly contributing, not some 1/2 assed effort from Stevie like EP (though i cut her some slack there because of her Mama)