View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Probably right about the areas, but the Fleetwood Mac brand with 2/3 of its classic lineup singer/songwriters would easily fill larger theaters.

As I’ve said before, Robert Pollard of Guided by Voices is a friend of mine, and the difference in album sales, money offered for shows, and ticket sales is considerably more if he bills it as Guided by Voices compared to Robert Pollard solo or any other moniker he comes up with, regardless of who else is in the band. It doesn’t matter what he does or who is backing him up, it’s how he brands it that‘s the single largest factor in sales.

My point is, as a brand, LBCM was something new, compared to SN, who was actively cultivating her own brand independent of FM since at least 1978. If Mick and John had been on the tour and the album and tour credited to FM, who knows how well the what was LBCM would have faired, especially if they did the co-headline tour with someone like Bonnie Raitt?
I would love Bonnie Raitt as a co headliner. Maybe she could stand in for Stevie if she ever got the boot. That would fill an arena maybe..