View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

True!

I guess I'll add my 2 cents- I actually went and saw it in the theatre. We were VERY spread out, I would say maybe 20 people in the whole theatre, so it felt fairly safe.

Seeing this combined with the "Show them the way" video has brought me a bit closer to my "old relationship" with Stevie since she fired Lindsey. I don't "love" her the way I once did, don't find her nearly as endearing, and am quite put off by how self-indulgent she's become (or maybe always was). Nonetheless, I've felt a bit more of that Stevie magic than I have felt in quite a while.

Overall I really enjoyed the concert, a few thoughts

-Her stories were mostly cute, if again sometimes a little too self-indulgent. -The new songs were great, and I was pleasantly surprised by the powerful and different take on GDW, especially the ending.
-Seeing the blue shawl during Bella Donna- that's the moment that did me in. That's the Stevie I love. Why doesn't she wear many shawls any more??? I noticed no story about the shawl and her mom being shocked at how much it cost, but that it's held up beautifully and was actually a great purchase. I loved it when she showed it off, so I missed that.
-Edge was def missing something with the bridge cut and not wearing any white. Would putting on a white cloak/shawl really be too difficult? It really does add something that is missing here.
-It would have been nice if she tried to make this show a little special vs. the other ones- doing the longer Edge, wearing more shawls, doing the high notes in Gold and Braid, etc.

But overall I must say it's a treat. I was glad to be reminded a bit of the Stevie I feel in love with. Hoping for the option to be able to purchase it soon!

-Adam