View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Same here. This has always been my biggest "What if?" regarding his career.

As much as you love L&O, I found it disjointed and sorta like a collection of outtakes and random experiments. One review referred to him on that album as a something like a smirking brat, and one called him the 'enfant terrible' of the band. Probably not wrong. He was a bit of an incoherent d*ck on it, really. How he thought that would shake up the music biz in any way or make people appreciate his musical genius is still beyond me. Tusk, yes, L&O, no.

There's a maturity to OOTC that is severely lacking on L&O.
Tusk is disjointed. As I've said, at that point in my life they could really do no wrong. Tusk took a while to grow on me, but it finally did. If I could accept Tusk, L&O wasn't far behind it, in terms of being accepted.

And on every adjective you used above....none of them are incorrect. It's kind of amazing, the balls he had, to do all that. Especially if he thought the record buying public was going to be into all that weirdness. Wrong.

I guess the sales of Rumours gave him balls. But they were glass balls. He was wrong. The public wasn't going to buy WEIRD. And was left with being a caricature on SNL. I still cringe every time I see the Go Insane album cover.

And yet I still feel love every time(although it's a more private love, lol) I hear L&O. My high school heart races, hearing those songs, and singing along.

Welllll, it'sssssss a long long time, from May to September.......