View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
IA. It reminds me a lot of Mirage for some reason, I don't know why exactly, just the sound of it is mostly fun and lighthearted and twinkly in that way Mirage was. At first I was convinced the album wasn't going to be that good because I didn't really like the three singles they released for promotion, especially the Lindsey songs, and I thought he might overproduce it like some of the songs on SYW but I was really pleasantly surprised by it. I loved all of the other songs, they were all just sunny and sparkly and nice to listen to.

I bet Stevie was totally convinced that he would go overboard on the production and that she wouldn't end up liking the album which I think is a big part of why she didn't want to do it. But I bet after she listened to it she thought it was actually quite good and she probably would have liked to have been on it had she known that's how it would've come out. And I think that only added to her being upset/jealous about the album.
To me, it really is Mirage, part II. Both were simple, fun, catchy albums.

If it's the last fm record, so be it. Beats the hell out of SYW!