View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered

It was drilled into me in my concert promoting days that there's no such thing as bad gigs/venues, just bad deals. Despite all the correctly-placed skepticism for this tour (by me & plenty of others), I actually think they can pull off up to 10 double-bill stadium dates...

2 - Dodger Stadium (LA)
2 - CitiField/Yankee Stadium (NY)
1 - Gillette Stadium (Boston)
1 - Oakland Coliseum (SF)
1 - Soldier Field (Chicago)
1 - Turner Field (Atlanta)
1 - Nationals Ballpark (Washington DC)
1 - Cowboys Stadium (Dallas)

All on Thu-Sun's, and not ANY sooner than July 2011. I'd make sure that Eagles & Fleetwood Mac limited their touring in any of these regions before then (as it stands, Eagles are poised to take about $8M out of the LA market with the April '10 Hollywood Bowl shows that go on sale this upcoming Monday). As for the "multiple nights in arenas" nonsense, the only ones that make any sense are Las Vegas & Atlantic City, where they can conceivably get away with charging Streisand/'05 tour level prices.

But would this generate enough money to placate Eagles? They're the ones that would need convincing- they could play a stadium gig here and there on their own- they don't need FM's help. FM's the one that's aimlessly sputtering with no direction or momentum & are in strong need/desire of one last big payday/hurrah before they pack it in.