View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
June 2019 will be a big month for music fans for two reasons – an under-the-radar, little-known festival called Glastonbury and the return of Fleetwood Mac, the band’s first UK dates in six years. Sadly, this year at least, the two aren’t linked, but lead vocalist and songwriter Christine McVie says any decision to perform at Glastonbury isn’t down to the band itself.

“It isn’t up to me, it’s up to the management,” said McVie. “It’s their decision and down to logistics. I can’t say yes or no to Glastonbury, but I’d like to – so long as I don’t have to wear wellington boots on stage. Or maybe I’d just have to roll with it – wellie boots with mud.”

For now, fans will have to make do with two UK gigs at Wembley (the first time that McVie has performed in the UK with the group since officially rejoining), one of which sold out so fast that the band added a further date. Over 50 years after the band were first formed, appetite for Fleetwood Mac shows no signs of waning.
right, apparently those 10 or so dates in the UK and Ireland in 2015 didn't happen.

love it that nothing is up to band members but all on management and corporate. poor little macsters all innocent. Lindsey firing blamed on promoters and now no Glasto blamed on managers. poor band members have no willpower at all.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"