View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
My point was that they are playing numerous songs they have played before on many tours so I don't get how that is considered fresh. They are playing the songs very much in the same way they always did. No real different arrangements etc. They didn't in my opinion change up the set enough. Opening up with The Chain yet again??? Dreams in my opinion has been performed the same way for decades and pretty much sounds stale. It should be retired. I also think they should have dropped some of the other standards (World Turning, GDW, SHN etc) for some other songs. Wish You Here, Why, That's Alright , Angel, Think About Me, Brown Eyes, Over and Over would have been great additions. A handful of new songs or covers built around the same core songs is not very adventurous. But to each their own. If you enjoyed the show I am glad you did. For me I couldn't support what they did to Lindsey and would have felt the same way no matter who they had fired. As well as paying top dollar for a majority of songs I have heard more then enough times. I have seen them 7 times from 2003 tour to the 2014 tour not missing one of those tours. Each of those tours had something I liked. If they simply had to tour this year then they should have changed up the show much more then they did and make it clear that they were going to really change things up for this tour. They could have still played some well known songs and deep cuts with a show that would have had a nice balance between the familiar and the more obscure tunes.
I feel the same way you do NicksFan.

I'm finding it interesting that the show in my city, for April, is only 1/4 to 1/3 sold. And they've been for sale for weeks now.

Any other tour, they have sold out in a few days, with almost no seats available after a week.

They send the announcement about tickets through on Facebook feed about once an hour. They are NOT in the same boat they were before Lindsey was fired. If I want to hear the same old songs, I definitely want to hear Lindsey as part of them.