View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I agree that Stevie and Mick are the most culpable. But I don’t think that makes the McVies totally innocent here. They all ultimately made a choice to go along with the firing. Maybe Mick convinced them because he needed an FM tour financially. Maybe they all wanted the money and the big crowds. I don’t blame them as much as I blame Stevie/Mick, but they’re all culpable on some level. Going along with bad people when you have a choice not to — and they all do. None of these people need more money or need to work. They’re not starving.

I wasn’t aware of the details of the timeline. Where did that all come out? It’s a fascinating study of how they operate.
oh completely agree with what you are saying here. they are definitely culpable, even though they were against it but went along.

there were many things leaking out at the time. we've been hearing from insiders about this happening since the beginning of February 2018. it finally came out in April, probably before the band / managers really wanted but there was too many leaks by then so they had to stop the flood even with a half-baked story they had.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"