View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I never really "got" this song. I mean I like it, and she definitely gives powerhouse performances of it in concert, but of the TUSK Nicks songs (which I think is her best collection of songs on a Mac album), "Sisters Of The Moon" just didn't seem as good as the other four she wrote.

I think part of the reason why is that it always sounded like it wasn't actually finished on the album. Like there should have been another verse. So when I heard the concert version which adds the "we listen to their voices and ignore our own voice" section I was like "aha yeah there it is".
Also my least favorite Stevie song from Tusk, and yes, it always seemed unfinished to me. And the concert version doesn't improve that feeling. To add a lot of nonsense while shaking the mic at the end is pointless to me.

My Stevie list from Tusk goes like this:

1. Angel
2. Sara
3. Storms
4. Beautiful Child
5. SOTM

From 2 to 5 is like bleh, honestly.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.