View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
I note that on some threads the standard people are referring to the current Fleetwood Mac a 'tribute act'.

OK, so I presume they're thinking that they're so witty and clever in doing so, but it really shows up what they're thinking.

The current Fleetwood Mac has four out of five members of what is considered by many to be the 'classic lineup'. Including two of the three singer songwriters, and the two who wrote the most hits.

To call such a 'tribute act' is an implication that Lindsey Buckingham was the be all and end all of Fleetwood Mac, and that the others are inconsequential. What that tells us is exactly how bizarre the thought processes of those who call the current FM a tribute act really are.

Hey guys! Reality is over this way ------------->

Sensible discussion starts with people being sensible. Calling Fleetwood Mac a tribute act simply isn't.
What's the meaning of 'standard people'?

Thank God referring to Fakewood Mac as a 'cover band' shows what we're thinking, because basically that was the whole point! I don't know if that means I'm witty or clever and I don't care.

When people from other bands join that particular band, they're a cover band. Not because of the remaining members of the original band but for the members of other bands that are joining them.

Sorry if I'm being insensitive towards your band. They're fired my favorite member of the band.All of them fired him. So, yearh... calling about being insensitive here.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.